This is a performance about a South to South conversation, a journey between two seemingly beings, bringing up their parallel common shared visions, yet belonging to a physical far away roots from each other.
Roberto Olivan and Gregory Maqoma have strong personalities and they are deeply involved with their traditions and their culture, a connection with their respective landscapes and people that live in them, with their expressions and their emotions. Both live in the south of their cultures, south of Europe, south of Africa.
Beyond the complexity of rhetoric, these two performers decide just to stick strongly to their own intuition and follow what they consider significant and sort of lost from our current everyday life. This kind of inner voice has been there for generations and has given guidance to the transcendence of humanity through trance rituals and ceremonies in certain cultures. To listen to that voice involves stirring many emotions, thoughts and inner judgements that exist perhaps slumbering somewhere in our being, leading to an opinion on different aspects of life that we really care about.
For this joint venture they invited a composer to bring his personal sound universe – the Belgian Laurent Delforge – on a dance piece that is physical, emotional, rooted, popular and contemporary.
- Creation and performers: Gregory Maqoma, Roberto Olivan.
- Dramaturgy assistance: Roberto Magro.
- Music composition and performance: Laurent Delforge.
- Lighting design: CUBE.
- Costume design: Black Coffee.
- Co-production: Grec Festival of Barcelona 2014 (Spain), Mercat de les Flors (Spain).
- With the support of: Ministry of Culture of the Government of Catalonia (Spain).
- With the collaboration of: Dance Umbrella Johannesburg (South Africa), Casa África (Spain), Institut Ramon Llull (Spain), Mataró City Council (Spain), El Graner – Barcelona Art Factories (Spain), ROPA / Roberto Olivan Performing Arts (Spain), Vuyani Dance Theatre (South Africa) and DROM (Spain).
- 26/11 Teatro Rosalía de Castro (A Coruña, Spain).
- 19/11 Centro Cultural EGIA (Donostia/San Sebastián, Spain).
- 17/11 Teatro Circo Murcia (Murcia, Spain).
- 12/11 Teatro Alhambra (Granada, Spain).
- 04/11 Kultur Leioa (Leioa, Spain).
- 02/11 Teatro Guimerá (Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain).
- 18/10 Mercat de les Flors (Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain).
- 17/10 Mercat de les Flors (Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain).
- 16/10 Mercat de les Flors (Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain).
- 04/09 Best of the Fest in Parktheater Eindhoven (Eindhoven, the Netherlands).
- 26/02 Festival Equilibrio (Roma, Italia).
- 04/09 Dance Umbrella Johannesburg (Johannesburg, South Africa).
- 03/09 Dance Umbrella Johannesburg (Johannesburg, South Africa).
- 01/08 MIAF – Malta International Arts Festival (Valletta, Malta).
- 31/07 MIAF – Malta International Arts Festival (Valletta, Malta).
- 10/07 Grec Festival of Barcelona (Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain).
- 09/07 Grec Festival of Barcelona (Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain).